Monday, June 8, 2009

The mystery of the Caribbean I: the pirates
























Still many friends didn't know the geography position of caribbean sea. It is at the right of central americas (not central US). The part of sea in between North America and South America. You may know "Caribbean" by the movie "Pirates of the caribbean". There were pirates in hundrends years ago. Is there any pirates nowadays? I think it is not common in caribbean. We often heard piracy in Somalia or Indonesia, but rarely from Caribbean. During the visit to Barbados and Puerto Rico, I found a lot of souvenirs and T-shirts with Pirates image or skeletons. The image above is an entrance to an aquarium. Felt like a ghost house when I entered the "cave". The horrible "pirates " were around me and it was so dark. In the aquarium water,
you can see the fish swim around pirates' died bodies and their ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment